Advantages and Benefits of Planting and Preserving Trees
Trees are assets. They also help create an outdoor living environment that is beautiful, healthy and safe, and tree protection, through preventative maintenance, will help in protecting the value of your property.
Trees help in protecting the environment. Aside from producing oxygen, they also reduce smog, intercept airborne particulates, enhancing a community’s respiratory health, promote greater physical activity, reduce stress, improve the quality of life, as well as help meet a city’s regulatory clean air requirements.
Studies show that trees give the following environmental and economic benefits – benefits affirmed by the United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA):
- They lower blood pressure, slow heartbeat, and relax brain wave patterns;
- They provide inviting and cool areas for recreation and relaxation;
- Trees capture carbon dioxide (CO2), helping reduce the overall concentration of greenhouse gases in the atmosphere;
- They act as natural air-conditioner, lowering the temperature, especially during summer, from 6 to 8 degrees as compared to neighborhoods without trees;
- They reduce residential heating costs from 10-15 percent and residential air-conditioning costs from 20-50 percent;
- Homes landscaped with healthy trees sell more quickly and add as much as 20 percent to a property’s market value;
- A community that is lined with trees increases the value of homes by 25 percent;
- Trees attracting business – people linger and shop longer when trees are present;
- Where a canopy of trees exists, apartments and office spaces rent more quickly; workers also become more productive and there is less absenteeism.
All these make planting and maintaining the health of trees, whether in residential or business areas, an important investment. However, it is wiser to leave tree work to the professionals as do-it-yourself tree care may lead to damaged property, hospital bills, and a ruined landscape since many simply do not have the knowledge, the tools or experience necessary to safely perform tree work.
According to the Hamlin Tree Care, arbor care services are more than just planting trees. Services actually include:
- Tree Pruning & Tree Trimming
- Tree Removal & Stump Removal
- Tree Installation
- Tree Storm Debris Clean Up
- Tree Pest Management (Insect Control)
- Tree Fertilization
- Commercial Tree Services